In a typical integration, the following sequence of webservice calls would be invoked to obtain details about available products, produce a price for eligible products, and finally to purchase a policy:
To obtain product information that could be displayed as part of a partner-hosted web site or application, the Category and Product APIs can be used:
- Call the Category Lookup API to determine the Category Grouping code to be used for a given channel/broker combination. This grouping code represents a specific set of product categories and constituent products.
- Call the Category API to retrieve the categories and products defined by the Category Grouping code.
- Call the Product API to retrieve details about each product listed in the Category response. These details include the name, description, included benefits, links to the insurance certificate, etc.
To obtain an insurance Offer and purchase a Policy, the following sequence of webservice calls can be used:
- Call the Offer API to obtain a price quote. The request submitted to the Offer API can reference a specific product, if one has already been chosen, or a specific category of products (as listed in the Category API). If no such filter is specified, the Offer API provides a price quote for all available products. The available products are determined by the configuration in place for a given Client/Channel/Broker combination, as well as the eligibility of the coverage details provided in the request.
- Call the Policy API to complete the insurance purchase. The request submitted to this API must include the insured to be included in the coverage, the product being purchased, relevant coverage parameters (date range, trip cost, etc), as well as the credit card details that will be used to charge the policy cost. The response from this API provides the policy number and other relevant policy details.